Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A new form: part 1

It occurred to me recently that I needed to make something to put in the Iditarod Art Show.  Since most of the stuff I have made lately is pretty straightforward functional, I thought I would try to do something functional, but also a little bit "artsy-fartsy."  I have been watching the Ravens in my back yard building their nest under the satellite dish, and it inspired me to make a set of nesting bowls that sit inside a larger, double-walled shape.  This is what I have so far:

so far... I think I like it.  Now I just have to make 4 or 5 little nesting bowls that sit inside the "nest." I will post those when I'm done.  Sorry about the crappy photos--I never bring the nice camera to the studio because I am afraid to get clay all over it.  I think I will make a couple more of these forms and perhaps take pictures at their various stages of creation and do the first ever "Frozen Earth" demo...

No comments:

Post a Comment